Top Selling Discs in 2018 (So Far)
Since we missed the Quarter 2 post, we decided to dig a little deeper and give you an update on the best selling discs of the year… so far. (Aug 27, 2018)
Without further ado, here’s the chart. Some comments will be below!
Here are some notable mentions:
- The Destroyer is still killing it, by a lot. It trumps the overall category and dominates the Top 10 Distance Drivers by almost triple the #2 spot.
- 63.6% of Destroyers sold are regular Star plastic. The next best selling Destroyer plastic is Star X-Outs. So Star obviously dominates the destroyer market.
- D-Line and P-Line P2s are pretty close in popularity. It just depends on what your preference is.
- 61.9% of Firebirds are Nate Sexton Champion Color Glow Firebirds. That does say a lot for how the Pros and their Tour Series discs can influence the market and the discs people use. A recent example is…
- The Sonic comes in at #11 on the Putt & Approach Category, just missing the charts. This is entirely due to massive amounts of Pre-Orders for the Garrett Gurthie Signature Sonic that will be shipped early Sept.
- 62.8% of Aviars sold are of the McPro variety, reiterating the fact that Professionals have a big influence. This stat on our chart reflects only the regular Aviar mold. KC Aviars, for example, are their own mold and rank by themselves (#18 best selling putt & approach).
- The P2 holds strong as top selling putter this year.
- The Buzzz holds its regular spot at the top of the mids, with the Comet coming in at the #10 spot.
- The Lace made the top 10 Distance Drivers. Why? Because Vibram stopped producing Disc Golf Discs and the Laces are being gobbled up. At this point in time we only have 2 Laces left in stock. R.I.P.
- The Pharaoh and the Exodus both made top 10 sellers in their categories… but they are only sold by us at this time. Regardless, they are awesome discs and sold very well. Hopefully a deserved spot on the lists, as people have seemed to like them!
That’s all until the Q3 results in October!