Ricky Wysocki Driving Tips
A few general driving tips:
- Use a straight forward run up. Line your shoulders up and run up in the direction you want to throw.
- Don’t throw across your body. It’s bad for your back and bad for consistency.
- Get your timing right. Driving distance and power is all about getting the mechanics right.
- Driving is all about timing and weight shift using both lower and upper body to maximize potential.
- Straight back, and straight forward.
- Don’t curl your wrist.
- Throw essentially the same shot for a hyzer or anhyzer, just place your body in a different position.
- Get a full reach back. You will get more power when you’re fully extended and reaching all the way back. Fully extend on the reach back and on the follow through.
- Timing issues are best fixed with time, and practicing in the field.
- The form between sidearm and backhand is actually pretty similar.
- Reach all the way back and forward with your follow through in the direction you want to throw.
- Keep your elbow tucked in close to your body right before you throw.
- Lock your wrist to control the angle.