Welcome Team Infinite 2021

A new competitive disc golf season brings means that it is time to introduce our new and returning Team Infinite members. We are very excited to announce TEAM INFINITE 2021:

Signature Team

The Signature Team is a group of pro level players who plan to compete in many high-level events this year as they represent Infinite Discs. These players will also have signature disc releases on the Infinite Discs brand, the sales of which will help financially support their efforts.

Dave Feldberg

Drew Gibson

Zoe Andyke

Nicole “Pickle” Dionisio

Alex Tews

Allison Haggett

Chris Becker

James Moore

Jamie Kiep

Joseph Kulp

Justin Gilbert

Kade Filimoehala

Scott Zimmerman

We are also very excited to be working with players who are sponsored by other teams, through cooperative signature disc releases and financial support. While they represent their sponsor brands, they work with us in other capacities to promote their brands, and in some cases have signature edition discs with the Infinite Discs brand. Here are some of those players:

Innova Sponsored Players

Andrew Marwede

Calvin Heimburg

Dallin Blanchard

Garrett Gurthie

Kesler Martin

Kona Panis

Jeremy Koling

Jessica Weese

Joel Freeman

Prodigy Sponsored Players

This year we are partnering with Prodigy Disc to provide signature discs of some of their top sponsored players including:

Austin Hannum

Catrina Allen

Chris Dickerson

Kevin Jones

Thomas Gilbert

Legacy Sponsored Players

Patrick Brown

Discraft Sponsored Players

Reid Frescura

Elite Team

The Elite Team focuses on some fast-improving and higher rated players with a mix of women, men, and juniors who are earning increased attention.

Adam McJunkin

Alex Durham

Andrea Cammack

Andrew Rich

Austin Fonk

Carolina Halstead

Chelsea Howells

Chris Blanchard

Chris Eads

Christopher Paetz

Cody Simmons

Colby Christophersen

Cooper Siebers

Dw Hass

Erik Rasmussen

Forrester Wilson

Hali Trevena

Jace Foster

Jack Peterson

Jacob McDaniel

Jake LaPutka

Jamie Spencer

Jason Light

Jerome Knott

Jody Dixon

Jordan Infield

Jordan Parks

Kaleb Caplin

Koy Blanchard

Lucas Oberholtzer Hess

Mason Foltz

Matt Hester

Mikey Barringer

Paul Koebke Barsic

Robert Centala III

Sami Keddington

Taylor Coulam

Todd Springer

Tongia Toni Vakaafi

Core Team

The Core Team is made up of players who are working hard to represent Infinite Discs in a positive way through their play and their reputation among their peers as they grow the sport of Disc Golf in positive ways. While they may not be as highly ranked as Elite Team members, they are definitely on their way!

Adam Sweetland

Al Hobbs

Anthony LaMonica

Blaine Anderson

Brandon Landis

Brigham Tanton

Bryan Newport

Carter Pearson

Casey Blum

Chad Villegas

Christopher Flynn

Connor Bearry

Dan Snyder

Derrick Blanchard

Donald McCormick

Dru Ulloa

Durwood Hass

Dylan Nuetzi

Faith Marie Powell

Garrett Colwell

Geoffrey Linder

Jason Connatser

Jason Ramirez

Jebediah Anderson

Jeremiah Smith

Jonathan Peek

Jory Reid

Joshua Martin

Kenneth Bess

Kenneth Halstead

Keri Jackson

Kevan Greunke

Kevin VilleMonte

Kevin White

Kristopher Humphreys

Kristy Artiglio

Layne Jensen

Lucas Latta

Molly Bass

Nathan Hendricks

Nicholas Champ

Randal Bemis

Richard Alexander

Robert Tripp

Ryan Blankenship

Ryan Manning

Shane Robert Evans

Thomas Cleaver

Troy Rugger

Wendy Magee

William Atkinson

Zak Erickson

Ambassador Team

The Ambassador Team is made up of players who have a strong social media presence, interact on a larger scale with other players, and work hard to represent the Infinite Discs brand. They are often Tournament Directors, club officers, educators, and experienced disc golf reviewers who are respected by their communities both online and locally.

Adam Helpingstine

Adrian Toledo

Alan Cooper

Alec Falzone

Alic Shorey

Andrew Trayer

Bobby Hughes

Brian Bassett

Bryan Jungling

Cameron Beck

Christopher E. Davis

Clint Kimbrell

Conrad Norwood

Drew Nielsen

Eric Hughes

Felix Vega

Garen Blanchard

Jack ‘Tupp’ Trageser

Jerid Ludwig

Michael Spencer

Mike Brown

Mitchell Rainey

Paul Baker

Paul Coulam

Robby Harris

Robert Buckley

Robert Hansen

Ryan Flahive

Samuel Russ

Seth Dey

Shannon Berryhill

Shawn Swapp

Taylor AuBuchon

Tricia Lafferty

Will Leeroy Jenkins


Congratulations to all our new and returning team members! We are excited for the 2021 season!

State of Disc Golf 2017 Results – Play Frequency for Men and Women

Do Women or Men Play More Disc Golf?

We already know that a lot more men took the State of Disc Golf survey than women. 91.8% of survey participants were men, compared to 8.2% for women. That was a large increase for the women over previous survey years, so the women are definitely gaining ground. There was a large enough sample of the sexes for us to take a look at how gender plays into disc golf participation.

First of all, the number of courses played for female vs. male really showed no difference, with the vast majority playing 10-15 courses in a year. Here is a look at the number of courses played in 2016, as reported by survey participants.

How Many Different Courses Did You Play This Year?


But how do men and women compare when it comes to seasonal play? The following charts show the number of times each of the sexes plays disc golf during the four seasons:

You can see that there are similarities in the frequency of game play, even season by season. It appears that men generally favor the 2-3 times per week more than women, and the women favor that 2-3 times per month more than men. It looks like men play more frequently, particularly when the weather is cold, but the differences are not large enough to make any definitive statement on who plays more per-capita. There are certainly more men playing, but when it comes to how often vs. the smaller number of women, the differences are only slight.

This seems to suggest that when it comes to the two sexes, there may be a difference in number of players, but the level of passion is relatively equal. 

Gender in Tournament Play

Let’s take a look at how many women vs. men reported playing in tournaments in 2016. First of all, 31.1% of women surveyed reported that they did not play any tournaments at all. Of those who said they did, this is how many of both PDGA Sanctioned and Non-PDGA Tournaments they reported playing in 2016:

So, for the women, it looks like it non-PDGA tournaments are favored, and the vast majority of tournament-playing lady’s played in the range of 1-5 tournaments in 2016. The 2-3 tournaments choice was the highest spike, especially for non-PDGA tournaments.

Now, let’s look at what the men said. First of all, only 27% said that they don’t play tournaments, while 73% said that that they did play at least some tournament in 2016. Right way, we can see that a larger percentage of disc golfing men play tournaments than do the women. Here are the charts for number of PDGA Sanctioned and Non-PDGA tournaments for the men:


Though the number of players differs greatly, the general tournament quantity curve is fairly similar between the sexes. Again, most men who played tournaments played in that 1-5 tournaments range, with 2-3 being the most popular response in the survey.

The similarities between the charts again suggests that the women surveyed are not shying away from tournaments. They like to play, and they like to compete. But the number of female competitors is much smaller. But that competitive spirit should continue to bring more competitors and a higher level of play to events with time.

All in all, we’re encouraged at the growth of disc golf when it comes to both sexes, and we’re encouraged by the level of passion shown in both casual play and in competitive play from both the men and the women. We expect that the difference in numbers between the sexes will continue to narrow with time, especially as very talented women are beginning to take the spotlight in professional disc golf tournaments.


The State of Disc Golf – Social vs. Solitary Play (Part 1)

Social Disc golfIn the 2016 “State of Disc Golf” survey, some interesting statistics demonstrate how our social lives interact with our game of disc golf.  Participants answered the simple question, “Who do you play disc golf with?”

Only 7% of those surveyed confessed that they “almost always” play alone.  Another 30% of those surveyed said that they “regularly” play alone. However, the 52% majority responded that they only “occasionally” play alone and another 11% that they “never” play alone.  So, if you like to get together with friends for a round of disc golf, then you are among the 63% that represent the more social crowd. If you prefer solitude, then you are among the 37% minority.

For those who are playing the game with other people, there is some interesting data that shows with whom you are most likely playing. Considering the lopsided balance between male and female players surveyed (95.7% male vs. 4.3% female) it should be no surprise to discover that 88% either “never” play with a spouse or significant other, or only “occasionally” play with a spouse or significant other. The remaining 12% ranges from “regularly” to “almost always”. Obviously, if you’re one of those players who finds himself (yes…most likely male) playing often with your significant other, then you are among the rare and the blessed. It would appear that finding a romantic relationship that can extend onto the disc golf course is an uphill battle.  Or perhaps, as a friend of mine once claimed during a disc golf outing, “I play disc golf to get away from my wife and kids—I would never want her here with me! This is my time!” I suppose if that makes you feel better…

Spouse or Significant Other
If the majority of us are social, but not playing with our significant other, then who are we playing with? The same general pattern emerges when asked about playing with family members. The majority of 80% responded that they either “never” or only “occasionally” play with family members. The other 20% either “regularly” or “almost always” play with family members. Thus playing with family is only slightly more popular than with significant others.

Family Members

As we move away from family ties, the pendulum swings. We found that almost everybody who plays socially is choosing to play with close friends. Only 6% of those surveyed confessed that they never play with close friends.

The other interesting statistic tied to this friendship factor is that a lot of those people we play with are folks that we met through the game of disc golf.  Only 15% say that they “never” play with people met through disc golf. 37% of those surveyed responded “occasionally”, while the other 48% a replied that they either “regularly” or “almost always” play with friends met through disc golf.

Those statistics would seem to suggest that the socially inclined players are very likely to meet new friends on the course with whom they will at least occasionally play. However, you should probably not expect that those new relationships will develop into a “significant other” or “spouse” status. Whether that is a good thing or an unfortunate thing is up to your interpretation, but it may shed some light on why this little video clip was so popular within the disc golf community, as it apparently borders upon pure fantasy:

In the near future, we’ll take a look at how the social and solitary players measure up in terms of other statistics, like disc ownership, personal evaluation of disc golf skills, competitive nature, etc.