In this quick clinic, professional disc golfers and UPlay Disc Golf founders Zoe Andyke and Dustin Keegan teach us basic tips of how to throw the disc farther and get more driving distance.
The number one thing that new players want is driving distance. Here are a few tips to help you get more:
1. Line up your arms to see how far you can reach back. By reaching back all the way, you have potential for more hit speed and much more power.
2. Turn your head, hips, and shoulders with your throw. Line your head up with your reachback and throw
3. Load your body for that perfect line by maintaining a perfect 90 degree angle.
4. Allow your bodies to pull through your arms utilizing the muscles in your legs and hips.
5. Allow your off hand (the one not holding the disc) to follow through.
6. Stay “springy” at the legs in an athletic position to maximize leg power. Don’t stand up straight when trying to throw for distance.
On Memorial Day 2017, Infinite Discs was honored to have Ricky Wysocki come to our home town and join with the locals in a tournament at the Cache County Fairgrounds. Ricky is a class act and really treated the local players well, addressing everybody with respect and a contagiously cheerful, positive attitude. After the tournament was over, Ricky took the time to give a disc golf clinic and answered questions for the group of players who were anxious to hear from him.
These are three videos covering that clinic.
The first video covers Ricky’s answers mostly concerning putting and grip.
The second video covers Ricky’s answers about throwing rollers.
The third video covers answers to questions about Ricky’s infamous sidearm throws.
We really look forward to seeing Ricky again in the future. We feel very lucky that he has taken the time for a couple of years to visit the players of Cache Valley. It’s always fun to not only watch, but play with and learn from a professional.